Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Fall Cookies

fall-cookies

Do you have a sweet tooth like I do? I doubt you have as big of a sweet tooth as I do.

One of the tricks that I have learned over the years to deal with blood sugar imbalance that eating sweets brings is to eat properly. Not only do I eat a balanced meal at the proper times and that I am conscious about the source of my ingredients, I make sure that if I am going to be consuming sweet treats, that they be made with ingredients that are in season, unadulterated and have some nutrition factor.

 

Fall Cookies
Love these cookies made from wholesome ingredients. If you have a sweet tooth, its best to consume ingredients that are in season, unadulterated and have some nutrition factor.
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Place the apple chunks in a food processor and puree it.
  3. Add the almond butter, pumpkin, coconut flour, spices (use Ceylon cinnamon), and baking soda and process until smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary. Add stevia if need be.
  4. Add the eggs and process until incorporated.
  5. Transfer the mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in the nuts and cranberries.
  6. Scoop batter with a medium sized ice cream scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon before placing in the preheated oven.
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. These cookies are soft. They keep best when refrigerated.
Recipe Notes

adapted from Denni Dunham from Know the Cause.

The post Fall Cookies appeared first on Barefood Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment